Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Easy Gluten Free Pizza

I haven't had restaurant pizza in a long time! I used to love it! But ever since I started eating clean, I just can't handle the grease. So I am always looking for a good substitute. I have tried a few gluten-free doughs from the store, but they usually take a while to let the dough rise etc. I want something easy!

This recipe requires grated zucchini - I love to take my fresh garden zucchini grate it, squeeze a lot of the moisture out, and freeze it in 2 cup portions! That makes it really easy to defrost and use all year.


2 cups grated zucchini (packed), then squeezed dry
2 large eggs, beaten (you can also use 2 large egg whites)
1/4 cup  All-Purpose Flour (I used wheat flour) (can sub gluten-free flour blend)
1/2 cup finely grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
TOPPINGS:
Whatever you'd like!
I used organic pizza sauce, fresh sliced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and fresh basil for this recipe

Directions:





1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a flat cookie sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper. Spray parchment paper with nonstick spray.



2. In a medium bowl, combine zucchini, eggs, flour, cheeses, oil and seasoning. Mix well.


3. Pat the zucchini mixture into a thin, round pizza crust- 12 to 14 inches in diameter. Bake 30 minutes, or until the crust begins to get golden brown. Remove the crust from the oven and flip it over. Return it to the oven for an additional 10 minutes (watch to make sure it's not becoming too browned). Remove the crust from the oven and add the toppings. Return to the oven and heat through until cheeses are melted and everything is heated through. Slice and eat! 



I served this at a football party with a veggie tray, a fruit platter and some pasta salad! Everyone loved it! 









No comments:

Post a Comment